ESPN+ Fantasy Basketball Sweepstakes
To enter this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PLEASE SEE SECTION 5 BELOW FOR HOW TO ENTER WITHOUT SIGNING UP FOR ESPN+ OR JOINING AN ESPN+ FANTASY BASKETBALL LEAGUE.
1. SPONSOR: Disney Streaming Services LLC (“Sponsor”), 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California 91521, USA, is solely responsible for all aspects of this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is designed to advertise and promote Sponsor’s business activities and is not gambling.
2. ADMINSTRATOR: CSM Sports and Entertainment Inc. (“Administrator”), 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001, USA.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The ESPN+ Fantasy Basketball Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and other United States territories and foreign territories) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older). Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter. In addition, persons who are currently involved in any capacity with any U.S. Professional Basketball team (including but not limited to U.S. Professional Basketball players, coaches, front office members and their staffs) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win prize(s).
4. SWEEPSTAKES SCHEDULE: Registration for the Sweepstakes begins on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are ET. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period, regardless of Entry Method. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
5. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: (1) via signing up for any ESPN+ Fantasy Basketball League; and (2) via Mail-in Entry Without Subscribing to ESPN+ and signing up for an ESPN+ Fantasy basketball League.
(A) Entry via signing up for any ESPN+ Fantasy Basketball League:
If you are a registered ESPN+ member (“Member”), to enter the Sweepstakes, sign up for any ESPN+ season-long Fantasy Basketball League (each, a “League”) during the Entry Period.
NOTE: the performance of your fantasy basketball team in any ESPN+ League will NOT affect your ability to enter the Sweepstakes or your odds of winning prize(s). You only need to sign up for a League during the Entry Period in order to enter this Sweepstakes via this entry method (see below for how to enter without signing up for ESPN+ and joining an ESPN+ League). Please also note that there are no prizes offered for your fantasy basketball team’s performance in any individual ESPN+ League.
To subscribe to ESPN+ (either individually or as part of the Disney Bundle), go to https://plus.espn.com or the ESPN App. A subscription to ESPN+ costs $5.99 per month or $59.99 per year (but, as of 8/13/21, the price will increase to $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. Be sure to carefully review the Terms of ESPN+ membership BEFORE subscribing.
Once you are logged in, you will be automatically sent back to the entry page on https://fantasy.espn.com/basketball/league/joinpremium (“Website”).
Entries via this method must be received by March 6, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor/Administrator of a change in your e-mail address.
(B) Entry via Mail-in Entry without subscribing to ESPN+ and signing up for an ESPN+ Fantasy Basketball League:
To enter without subscribing to ESPN+ and signing up for an ESPN+ League, on a 3”x5” card, handprint your name, mailing address (with zip code), email address (if any), and daytime phone number and mail in a business size (#10) envelope to: ESPN+ Fantasy Basketball Sweepstakes Entry, P.O. Box 1559, Social Circle, GA 30025-9999.
Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by March 7, 2022 and received by March 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET. No copies, stamped or mechanical reproductions of mail-in entries will be accepted. Mail-in entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for postage due mail.
LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF ENTRY METHOD. You may submit a total of one (1) entry into this Sweepstakes, regardless of how you enter, and, regardless of the number of ESPN+ Fantasy Basketball Leagues that an ESPN+ Member joins.
Multiple entries in violation of the preceding limit and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person and perhaps legal and/or other sanctions. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor/Administrator, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If you are a Member but are not eligible for the Promotion as per Section 3 above (including persons who are under 18 or the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence; persons who are legal residents of Puerto Rico [and other United States territories and foreign territories]) or otherwise ineligible pursuant to Section 3 above, you may register for and take part in the Promotion “just for fun” (i.e., for entertainment purposes), but you cannot win any prize.
*IMPORTANT: Data rates may apply if Sweepstakes entry (i.e., entry via ESPN+ Member joining a season-long League on ESPN+) is submitted via your mobile device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging/data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
6. PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION; NOTIFICATION; ODDS:
Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing. Drawing will occur on or about one (1) business day following the conclusion of the 2021-2022 U.S. Professional Basketball season from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization/administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
Potential winners will be notified via e-mail (except if potential winner entered by mail and did not include an e-mail address on his/her 3” x 5” card, in which case such potential winner will be notified via phone and/or U.S. postal mail in the sole discretion of Sponsor/Administrator). Failure to respond to such notification within forty-eight (48) hours after notification or return of e-mail as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential Prize winners will be required to sign and return, within five (5) business days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, a Publicity Release where allowed by law. If the Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and Publicity Release, are not returned to Sponsor within the specified time period, the potential Prize winners may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate potential winner will be selected from all eligible entries received.
7. PRIZES: Five (5) prizes are available to be won.
FIVE (5) PRIZES WINNERS shall each receive $10,000.00. Prize will be awarded in the form of a check or direct deposit (with form of prize award being determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
Total value of all prizes: $50,000.00
Limit one (1) Prize per person. No assignment or transfer of prize permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. PRIZE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE. Sponsor will report the award of Prize to the Internal Revenue Service via 1099 Tax Form. Grand Prize winner agrees to complete a W9 Tax Form with his/her Social Security Number and to otherwise cooperate with Sponsor as to Sponsor’s compliance with Internal Revenue Service and other tax reporting requirements. If Prize winner is not a resident of California, he/she will be subject to the California withholding tax of 7% of the prize value, when applicable. Prize winner should allow up to 8-10 weeks after completion of the prize claim procedure to receive their prize.
8. CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, as well as Facebook, Inc., and Twitter, Inc. (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or travel, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of Prize(s). By entering, entrants also authorize the Sponsor, and their designees to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, Prize information (if applicable), biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising and/or promotional material or on a Winners’ List (if applicable) without compensation to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without obligation or compensation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind affecting the Sweepstakes in any manner, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (including entries or otherwise), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual, whether or not the individual is a participant in the Sweepstakes, who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor shall conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry or participation to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website/platform, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Failure of Sponsor and/or Administrator to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
Persons entering the Sweepstakes further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT THE INDIVIDUAL IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. DISPUTES; ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of Prizes and determination of Winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, Entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to Entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to Entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the Entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. Such arbitration will take place at a location near the Entrant’s residence and the Entrant has the right to an in-person hearing in the arbitration proceeding, if desired. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between Entrant and Sponsor. Should an Entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the Entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If Entrant is a California (USA) resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such Entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor’s costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon Entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York (USA), without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction.
11. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For the Official Rules and name of the Prize winners, send an email to email@example.com with “ESPN+ Fantasy Basketball Sweepstakes 2021 Winners” in the subject line, for receipt no later than 5/30/2022 at 5:00 pm ET.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.