There are many reasons why a member(s) of your group may not be receiving the email invitation to join your Tournament Challenge group. A few common issues and resolutions are provided below.
#1 - The email address entered is incorrect.
- Double check the spelling/format of the email addresses you've entered.
#2 - The email is being received but is going to a "Spam/Trash" folder.
- Have the member(s) check all the folders in their email account.
#3 - The email is being blocked by your members web service or firewall
- Ask the member(s) to turn-off firewalls or access their email through a different network connection.
#4 - The domain (@yahoo.com, @suddenlink.com, etc.) your member uses is performing slowly.
- Ask the member(s) to wait for the servers of the web mail provider to catch up and receive the invitation.
#5 - Due to high volume (Selection Sunday --> Tip Off) ESPN servers are currently sending out an extremely high volume of invitations from the millions of Tournament Challenge groups being created.
- Give the ESPN servers some time to process and send the invitation correctly. If the member(s) has not received it within 24 hours then use the direct link method found below.
Send Direct Link
Follow the steps in the following FAQ to invite members using a Direct Link:
How do I invite members to my group
Utilize Group Directory
Have your potential member(s) navigate to the Group Directory and use the "search" function to find the Group Name. If the league is "Private" they will need to enter the Password the Group Creator provides them before being able to join.
If you have forgotten the password of your group, click here