Open your Team on the ESPN Fantasy App. Now, tap the "Players" tab.
You can search for a particular player by name in the "Search" field. You can also view the list of available Batters and Pitchers by tapping the appropriate Header. You may also filter by Position by tapping on the position's abbreviation; for example, tapping "C" will only show available Catchers. Swipe to the right for all position options.
You may add additional search parameters by tapping on "Filters." This will open a window with the following filters:
- Availability - Default is all available players. Players already on another team can be found by changing this filter to "All."
- Playing - Default is all available players regardless of schedule/status. You can elect to search for Probable Starters, Today's Games, or a specific date (up to seven days in advance).
- Pro Teams - Default is all teams. You can limit your search to a specific team if desired.
- Reset - Returns all filter settings to default.
- Apply Filters - Executes the search with the new filters.
To select the player you desire, tap on their Name. Their player card will open. Their status will be displayed by the claim button color and wording:
- Green "+ Add" - This player is a Free Agent and, if selected, can be assigned to your team immediately.
- Yellow "Claim" - This player is on Waivers. Tapping Claim will place your claim on this player. When your league's waivers process on the day listed in parenthesis, your claim priority will determine whether or not you get that player. To read more about Waiver priorities, click here.
IMPORTANT: If you have an open slot on your roster, Free Agent additions will be automatically added to your team. If you're claiming a player off Waivers and you prevail when waivers process, your player will be assigned at that time. However, if you have a full roster, you will be prompted to Drop a player before making your claim. Additionally, some leagues restrict how many players of a particular position can be on the same team; if your acquisition exceeds this limit, you must drop a player with the same primary position. For example, if your league only allows two 2B players on a team and you attempt to pick up a third 2B player, you must drop one of your existing 2B's to move forward with your claim. Finally, only the primary position descriptor is considered when it comes to limits; i.e., a player that is 2B/SS is considered a 2B.
When you select which player(s) to drop, tap Save in the top left corner of the screen.
You will need to confirm the transaction in the pop-up window. Tap "Confirm" to continue or "Go Back" to start over. If acquiring a Free Agent, the transaction will occur immediately. If you are claiming a player from Waivers, you must wait until your league's wavers process to see if your claim was accepted.
To view pending Waiver Claims, you can tap "Pending Moves."
You will see all pending moves for your team. Tap on "Waiver Claims" to see open your unprocessed waiver claims. If you wish to cancel a pending waiver claim, tap on "Edit."
Tap on the Red Minus "-" button to cancel the waiver claim.
You will be required to confirm before the claim is canceled. Tap "Yes" to cancel the claim.