If you are having trouble connecting to the ESPN Fantasy App, please try the steps below:
- Verify that connection to games.espn.com is possible. Open Safari (iOS) or Chrome (Android). Type in games.espn.com. If an error message occurs, there is an issue with your internet connection. The error message should suggest what the connection problem is. These errors are out of ESPN’s control, and you should consult your internet provider immediately.
- On iOS only: Make sure that Cellular Data is enabled for the app. Go to your phone settings and select "Cellular". Once in "Cellular", scroll down to the app section, and locate "Fantasy". Ensure the toggle is on (green).
- Try a different internet connection. If you are connected to 3G/4G/LTE and a Wifi network is available, connect to a Wifi network instead. If you are connected to a Wifi network, temporarily disconnect from the Wifi and try using 3G/4G/LTE. Ensure that other apps/websites can be opened on the current internet connection.
- Verify that the device can access the ESPN API. Visit http://games.espn.com/ffl/connectivity in any browser and note any error messages. If there are no error messages, your device has successfully accessed the ESPN API.
- Force quit the Fantasy App and try reopening it.
- iOS - Double tap the home button and swipe up on the Fantasy App.
- Android - Open the task manager / app switcher (long press on home button, or some devices have a dedicated soft button) and slide right on the ESPN Fantasy App.
- Clear the app’s cache.
- iOS - Force quit the app (see Step 5 above). Open Settings and scroll to the bottom to locate the “Fantasy” entry with the rainbow logo. Tap on the “Reset” slider. Launch the app again.
- Android - Force quit the app (see Step 5 above). Open App Settings (usually accessed through system settings, but can vary by device). Find ”ESPN Fantasy App”. Tap “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache”. Launch the app again.
- Reinstall the app from the App Store / Play Store.
- iOS - Uninstall the Fantasy App by holding on the app icon on your screen and then selecting the “X”. Go into the App Store and reinstall the app.
- Android - Varies but users can always uninstall the Fantasy App via App Settings. Go into the Play Store and reinstall the app.
If none of these steps resolve your issue, there is likely a larger outage that we are addressing and in the process of resolving. Please return to support.espn.com for updates.
- The ESPN Fantasy App requires a moderately strong internet connection to function.
- The number of bars displayed on a phone does not directly correlate to the strength and reliability of the 3G/4G/LTE connection. Bars indicate “1x” (talk/voice) strength.