Draft Pick Trading enables Team Managers to trade draft picks with other Managers. For example, Team A’s manager may trade their 3rd and 4th pick for another manager’s 1st and 6th pick, if they believe that it would benefit them in the draft.
Trades involving uneven amount of draft picks will go through. However, during the live draft, team managers will not be able to exceed the roster size. If a team manager has 30 draft picks in a 26-man league, the manager will end the draft after drafting 26 players.
Trades can be performed on the ESPN Fantasy App or on the ESPN Website.
The League Manager is the only person with the ability to enable and disable draft pick trading in their league.
How to Enable Draft Pick Trading
- Go to “LM Tools” then under Draft Tools, go to “Edit Draft Settings”
- Under Draft Settings, set Draft Order to ‘Manually Set by League Manager’ then set Allow Draft Pick Trading to ‘Yes’.
- This is an important step since you will not be able to trade draft picks if it is set to Randomized One Hour Prior to Draft Time.
- Once enabled, managers will be able to propose trades and include draft picks, if they so desire.
How to Disable Draft Pick Trading
- Go to “LM Tools” then under Draft Tools, go to “Stop Draft Pick Trading and Reset Draft Picks”
- This will reverse all draft picks traded to its original order and team owners. However, any players that were traded with those picks will still be on their new team. To reset those players, the LM will need to manually adjust rosters using the LM Tools.