Sometimes during the fantasy season, you may find that one of your players has had their points changed. A player’s score/stats will be impacted when the official NFL statistics used to calculate them are adjusted, updated, or corrected.
ESPN always works to ensure that matchup scores accurately reflect the real, official NFL statistics and if you notice changes, it is to correct previously incorrect data or react to a stat correction from the league.
There are several scenarios when you might see these changes:
- Live Scoring – During the game, scores/stats are updated as they are received. This information may change as more accurate data from the league is reported. Each player's individual points and stats will be accurately reflected once the game is final.
- Post-game adjustments – There are times when the NFL decides to adjust stats after a game has been concluded. For example, during the game the NFL credits one player with a full sack, then after the post-game review decides instead to award two players half a sack each. This type of stat correction can appear up to seven (7) days after the game was played.
- Post-game corrections – Sometimes ESPN receives incorrect data in the stats feeds. Most of the time when inaccurate data is detected, the incorrect score/stat is corrected within minutes. Rarely, incorrect scores/stats may not be corrected until the next day. This type of stat correction can appear up to seven (7) days after the game was played.
- League Manager changes: In League Manager leagues, the LM has the power to adjust scores manually. The reasons for changing a player’s score are completely up to the League Manager. CAUTION: If the LM notices the incorrect scoring before ESPN has updated the stats and uses the Adjust Scoring League Manager tool to manually change the score then afterward when the system updates automatically to reflect the same correction, the impacted team will be awarded double credit for the correction. If this occurs, you should contact your LM and ask them to re-adjust the scoring by reversing their manual adjustment.
- The deadline for all weekly scoring or stat corrections made by the system during the season is the Saturday following the week of the game in question.
- Only official stat corrections made by the NFL after a game’s conclusion will appear on the stat correction page. https://fantasy.espn.com/football/statcorrections
Corrections to incorrect data received by ESPN will not appear on that page
- Any changes entered in the system will automatically reflect in both your Box Score and your Standings pages.