The “trade deadline” setting determines if the league uses a deadline for trading players between teams. This option is offered to prevent teams from sandbagging their team at the end of the season by trading blue-chip players for average players.
Once the date of the trade deadline arrives, trading will be disabled.
NOTE: Trades that are accepted before the trade deadline but are scheduled to process after the deadline will still process normally.
2020 SEASON CHANGE: The trade deadline will be moved back in the season proportionally. The new default trade deadline will be Friday, Sept. 11, at noon ET. This deadline can be adjusted by League Managers in private, League Manager leagues.
All Standard Leagues use the following trade deadline:
- The trade deadline is only for trade transactions between teams.
- Team managers are still free to add and drop players via free agency and waivers throughout the entire season.
Set Trade Deadline for League manager Leagues (Web Only)
- Click on "LM Tools" and then "Edit League Settings"
- Click on “Transactions and Keepers” then the "Edit" button next to "Trade Rules".
- Options for modification include:
- Trade Limit
- Trade Deadline
- Trade Review Period
- Vetoes Required to Veto Trade
- Click the "Save Changes" button when finished