The “trade deadline” setting determines if the league uses a deadline for trading players between teams. This option is offered to prevent teams from sandbagging their team at the end of the season by trading blue-chip players for average players.
Once the date of the trade deadline arrives, trading will be disabled.
NOTE: Trades that are accepted before the trade deadline but are scheduled to process after the deadline will still process normally.
All Standard Leagues use the following trade deadline:
- The trade deadline is only for trade transactions between teams.
- Owners are still free to add and drop players via free agency and waivers throughout the entire season.
Set Trade Deadline for League manager Leagues (Web Only)
- Click on "LM Tools" and then "Edit League Settings"
- Click on “Transactions and Keepers” then the "Edit" button next to "Trade Rules".
- Options for modification include:
- Trade Limit
- Trade Deadline
- Trade Review Period
- Vetoes Required to Veto Trade
- Click the "Save Changes" button when finished