The Lock Time is when team lineups lock each week. This only applies to moving players between active slots, or between active slots and bench slots.
Any moves involving trades or add/drops will be locked at the first scheduled game of the day.
There are two different types of “locks” – Roster Lock and Lineup Lock
- Roster Lock: occurs at the scheduled game time of the first MLB game of the day. (e.g. if first game is scheduled at 2:10pm ET but first pitch did not happen till 2:15pmET, Roster still locks at 2:10pmET) Any players dropped or added from free agency, waivers, trades or activating/putting players on IL will not appear on your roster until the following day or matchup, depending on the Lineup Lock setting. (Note: Roster locking will occur at the start of the first game of the day even if that game is between AL or NL opponents.)
- Lineup Lock: depending on your league settings, your active team lineup will lock on a daily basis, or weekly basis. More information regarding Lineup Locks can be found below.
NOTE: In League Manager Leagues, the League Manager may change the Lineup Lock Time settings up until one hour prior to the draft.
Lineup Change Settings available in League Manager Leagues:
- Daily - Lock Individually at Scheduled Game Time
- This is the default setting and is used by the majority of leagues. Team managers can make moves to their rosters until the scheduled start of each player's game. Only players whose games have started will be locked and the remaining players whose games have not started will remain unlocked and can be shifted.
- Daily - Lock at First Game of Day
- Team managers can make moves to their roster until the scheduled first game of the week. Once the first pitch of the day is thrown, the entire roster will be locked and moves can no longer be made for the current day.
- Weekly - Lock at Individually Scheduled First Game of Week
- Each roster position will lock once the game of the player slotted has started. Team managers are still able to make moves to other roster positions until the game starts for the player slotted. The entire lineup will then be locked for the rest of the period and cannot be modified until the following match.
- Weekly - Lock at First Game of Week
- All roster moves will lock at the first game of the week, even if the first game falls on a Thursday. Once the first game starts for the scoring period, the entire roster is locked for the rest of the period and cannot be changed until the following matchup.