Salary Cap Drafts are based on a competing offer format and differ considerably from traditional Snake Live Drafts.
In Salary Cap Drafts, Mike Trout and Mookie Betts could be signed by the same team, which would rarely happen in a Snake Draft, because both players are so early and close to one another in the Snake Draft ranking order.
- Salary Cap drafts are available to Standard (Public) and League Manager (LM) Leagues.
- Teams have the chance to sign any player given they have the available funds
- Public leagues are set up with a preset budget $200 to sign enough players to fill their roster
- Private league LMs can edit the budget under draft settings.
NOTE: ALL teams will start the draft with the same budget. If you are in a keeper league and have different "salaries" for keepers, please visit "Keeper Leagues"
To edit draft settings pre-draft, please visit "Pre-Draft League Manager Abilities"
To edit in-draft settings, please visit "Salary Cap Draft- League Manager Tools"
- Once a player is nominated for signing, the offer process begins
- Team managers can offer any monetary value that their budget permits
- Team managers continue to submit offers until there is a single remaining high salary offer. The system will then alert team managers and the winning team will have the winning salary amount deducted from their budget.
- This process repeats until EVERY team’s roster is completely filled.
- When the draft is complete, the league will move into “in-season” mode where teams can start making roster moves, waiver claims, trades, etc.
NOTE: Unused budgets DO NOT carry over into "in-season" mode. There is no advantage in finish the draft with a remaining budget!