Quick Overview of Keeper Leagues on ESPN Fantasy
- Keeper rounds are the first rounds of the draft. For example, if there are 3 keepers in the league, then the first 3 rounds will be set for keepers.
- Keeper rounds are non-snake, even if you have a snake draft. This means that if a league has 3 keepers allowed in a 10 person draft, then the first 3 rounds will draft 1-10, then the 4th round will be 1 to 10, then 10 to 1, etc.
- Keeper salaries(values) for salary cap draft can be adjusted before it locks.
- Keeper lock date can be changed at any time before the draft room opens 1 hour prior to the draft.
- League Managers(LM) are able to select keepers on behalf of another team.
- Team managers are allowed to keep as few or as many players they choose to, up to a maximum limit set by the LM.
How to edit Keeper Settings on the website
- League Managers will be able to click on the “LM Tools” tab;
- Click on “Edit League Settings”
- Click on “Transactions and Keepers” then Edit Keeper Rules.
- From there there are numerous options:
- Once “Use Keepers for the Season” is toggled to yes, you’ll be able to edit the following:
- Keepers Per Team : allows you to change the number of maximum keepers allowed per team;
- Keeper Lock Date : allows you to select a date for when league managers must have their keepers selected
- NOTE: Once a Keeper Lock Date passes, only the LM will be able to modify a team’s keeper selection. Alternatively, the LM can choose the “Lock One Hour Before Draft” option to allow members to edit their keepers as late as possible.
How to edit Keepers for other managers and Keeper Salaries
Keeper salaries determine the amount that a manager will “pay for” out of their salary cap prior to the draft in order to keep that player. Most leagues uses the player’s salary from prior season(s) but the LM can change that here.
To do so, go to “LM Tools” then under the Roster Tools heading you will find “Edit Keepers” in order to change a player’s keeper salary.
Within this setting, the LM will also be able to select keepers for every team in the league.