On the ESPN Fantasy App
- On the Fantasy Football tab, select "Create League".
- Enter your desired league name, number of teams, scoring preference, draft preference, and draft time and date.
Note: Beginning with the 2017/2018 NFL season, all leagues created are defaulted to PPR (Points Per Reception) and fractional scoring. League Managers can change their league set up to be non-PPR and/or fractional. Click here for a list of League Manager Powers. Also, ESPN no longer offers Public Custom Leagues.
On the Web
- Go to the "Play Fantasy Football" page located here and select "Create a New League".
- Determine if you want to create a League Manager League or a Standard Free League.
League and Draft Information:
- League Manager Leagues: League Managers have access to League Manager Tools throughout the season to control aspects of their league such as draft settings, the number of teams in the league, regular season and playoff schedules and scoring adjustments. League Manager leagues are private/invite only.
- Standard Leagues: Standard ESPN rules.
- Draft Type: Auction Draft, Live Online "Snake" Draft or Autopick Draft.
- Draft Date: Select from the available dates in the pull down menu or the calendar function.
- Draft Time: Select from the available time slots (hour / minute). If a particular time slot is not available, all the slots at that time are taken. However, if a league changes their time or is deleted, time slots may open up.
*Make sure all your settings are entered correctly because after they are submitted they can only be changed with a league vote (via the League Referenda).