The “trade deadline” setting determines if the league uses a deadline for trading players between teams. This option is offered to prevent teams from sandbagging their team at the end of the season by trading blue-chip players for average players.
All Standard Leagues use the following trade deadline:
- All trades must be accepted before Wednesday, November 22nd, at 12pm ET.
- The trade deadline is only for trade transactions between teams. Owners are still free to add and drop players via free agency and waivers throughout the entire season.
Set Trade Deadline (Web Only)
- In League Manager Leagues, this setting can be changed by the League Manager at any time during the season by clicking on the “League” tab
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Transactions and Keepers”
- Click on “Edit Transactions and Keepers”.
Types of trade deadlines
- No Trade Deadline - Trades are allowed for the duration of the NFL season.
- Weeks 7-16 - If selected, trades will no longer be accepted or proposed after the specified date.
NOTE: Trades that are accepted before the trade deadline but are scheduled to process after the deadline will still process normally.