- The NFL sends ESPN an updated list of every player's position eligibility, including rookies, prior to the start of each season.
- ESPN reserves the right to designate a different position for a player.
- Once the season has begun, ESPN cannot change the primary position. However, a player can gain additional eligibility for other positions (done by ESPN) during the season if circumstances warrant it.
- League Managers DO NOT have the ability to change a player's position.
- ESPN has added the edge rusher spot to Individual Defensive Player (IDP) Leagues starting with the 2017/2018 NFL season.
NOTE: It's important to note that roster minimums and maximums within your league's settings relate to the primary position only (the first position listed next to a player), not any secondary positions granted.