Interceptions Returned for TDs (Picks 6's) NOT Counted Against D/ST
ESPN has changed the way interceptions returned for touchdowns (pick 6's) affect your D/ST score. Beginning with the 2017/19 season, offensive points gained by pick 6's or fumble recoveries for TD's will NOT have any effect on your D/ST score. However, special team's points still count against your D/ST score (i.e. a punt return for a TD against your D/ST).
Why Do D/STs Show Points At The Start of the Game?
- Your D/ST begins each game with 10 points (in standard scoring). At the time, they've given up 0 points (worth 5 points) and they've allowed 0 offensive yards to their opponent (worth 5 points)
- Your D/ST gains points by registering sacks, turnovers and scoring points
- Your D/ST score will drop if they give up yards to the opponent's offense in any way
Point After Touchdown D/ST Scoring
- D/ST earns a Safety during a PAT to receive 1 point
- D/ST returns the ball to their own end zone during a PAT to receive 2 points
These scoring changes apply to all ESPN Fantasy Football League types, both D/ST and IDP scoring models. League Managers can modify, enable and/or disable as desired in League Manager Leagues.