The “trade deadline” setting determines if the league uses a deadline for trading players between teams. This option is offered to prevent teams from sandbagging their team at the end of the season by trading blue-chip players for average players.
All Standard Leagues use the following trade deadline:
- The trade deadline is only for trade transactions between teams.
- Owners are still free to add and drop players via free agency and waivers throughout the entire season.
Set Trade Deadline on Web Only
- In League Manager Leagues, this setting can be changed by the League Manager at any time during the season by clicking on the “League” tab
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Transactions and Keepers”
- Click on “Edit Transactions and Keepers”
Types of trade deadlines
NOTE: Trades that are accepted before the trade deadline but are scheduled to process after the deadline will still process normally.
No Trade Deadline - Trades are allowed for the duration of the NFL season.
Weeks 7-16 - If selected, trades will no longer be accepted or proposed after the specified date.