If a matchup in the regular season ends in a tie, ESPN gives the League Manager several options to break the tie and award a win:
- Can leave the matchup as a tie
- Home team wins the matchup
- The team with the most bench points wins the matchup (Note: This is your entire bench combined, not just a single player with the most points)
- The team with the most QB points wins the matchup
- The team with the most RB points wins the matchup
- The team with the most WR points wins the matchup
These settings can be edited by the League Manager on the web version of ESPN Fantasy Football only. Simply go under the "LM Tools" tab and "League Settings" to find where to adjust the tiebreakers.
NOTE: If this rule is changed after a week in the season is complete, any previous week's ties will NOT take the changed rule into affect. The schedule system automatically sets an even number of home and away games for each team.
Our system automatically generates playoff seeds for your league based on the regular season standings. There are two factors for determining these playoff seeds:
If two or more of your league members had the same winning percentage at the end of the regular season, your League Manager can select from the following options as the be-all end-all tie-breaking system (and if they choose to do nothing then they're stuck with the default order shown below):
- Division Winner(s)
- Winning Percentage
* When Head-to-Head record is selected as the tiebreaker criteria, and in the event that three or more teams have the same winning percentage at the end of the regular season, these teams must have played the same number of games for it to be used.
- Overall points scored (default setting for all leagues unless changed by League Manager)
- Head-to-Head record*
- Division record
- Overall points-against
If your league doesn't like the default order, your League Manager can change them by going to the "Playoff Matchups" page and clicking on the "Edit" link.