No One Likes a Quitter
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES OR FOREIGN TERRITORIES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: No One Likes a Quitter (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES), who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and are registered members of ESPN.com (“Entrants”). ESPN.com Registration is further described below in Section 4. The following are not eligible for the Contest: (i) employees and agents of Sponsor and Promoter and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/promotion agencies; and (ii) the "immediate family members" and/or "household members" of any of the persons set forth in (i) above. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is void in all U.S. Territories (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam) and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR; PROMOTERS. This Contest is sponsored by ESPN Internet Ventures (the "Sponsor"). Any advertisers associated with the Contest, if any, shall be deemed a “Promoter” for purposes of these Official Rules.
3. ENTRY. Entry in the Contest begins Monday, August 15, 2016 at 12:00 am ET and ends Thursday, September 28, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). The Contest begins week 4 of the professional football season (currently scheduled as Friday, September 29, 2016) at 12:00 am ET and ends week 17 of the professional football season (currently scheduled as Sunday January 1, 2017) at 11:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”). For purposes of these official rules (the "Official Rules") all times are Eastern Time ("ET"). Entrants who create or join an ESPN Fantasy Football league during the Entry Period will automatically be entered in to the Contest. Entrants who created or joined a league prior to the Entry Period will be able to opt-in to the Contest via the ESPN Fantasy Football website on ESPN.com prior to the end of the Entry Period. Any ESPN fantasy football user within a given league may “opt in” their entire league. Eligible leagues must have between 8 and 12 teams.
4. ESPN.COM REGISTRATION. To enter the Contest, you must be a current registered member of ESPN.com (or one of Sponsor's affiliated websites, e.g., ABC.com, ABCNews.com, DisneyOnline.com, and Family.com). Registration is free.
a. Not yet a Member. You may register by clicking on the applicable link on the entry page for the Promotion, and following the instructions. You may be asked to provide your e-mail address, name, birth date, gender and country of residence (collectively "User Information") and to select a username and password
b. Survey Questions or Promotional Email. You may be asked to answer survey questions or to consent to receive promotional emails or offers. This is optional. You are not required to answer questions or to give consent to receive such emails or offers in order to be eligible to enter the Contest. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails or offers by clicking on the "myESPN" icon on any ESPN.com Fantasy Game page, then clicking on the Member Services link, then the Newsletters link and following the instructions.
c. Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. Sponsor, Promoters and other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
5. HOW TO WIN. During the Contest Period, all members within an eligible league must not have had a Position Player on a “BYE week” in their starting lineup at any point (and thus accumulating zero points for that player in a given week) for the league to be entered in to a random drawing to select the grand prize winning league. “Position Players” include quarterback (QB), running back (RB), wide receiver (WR), tight end (TE), and FLEX positions which will depend on a given league’s settings. Defenses/Special Teams and Kicker positions are excluded.
6. WINNER SELECTION. A random drawing from all eligible leagues based on the criteria set forth in Section 5 (above) will be conducted after the conclusion of the Contest Period. One league will be selected to win the grand prize. Odds of winning the Contest will be determined by the number of eligible entries received and individual participation in the Contest.
7. NO ENTRY FEE. There is no entry fee required to participate in the Contest. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No other forms of entry - fax, email, phone or other - will be accepted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
8. PRIZES. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the grand prize is $24,000.00.
a. Grand Prize. The winning league will win a VIP Fantasy Football Draft experience at ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, CT to conduct their 2017 Fantasy Football draft. Each member of the league (maximum of 12 members) will receive: $1,000 (presented in the form of a check), roundtrip airfare, two (2) nights hotel accommodations and transportation to ESPN’s headquarters. ARV $2000 each. Winning league will be notified by February 15, 2017. Any league members that are minors (as set forth in Section 8(d), below) will require a parent or guardian as a travel companion. All costs and expenses for the travel companion will be the travel companion’s responsibility.
Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of the grand prize winners/travel companions, including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. To the extent necessary under law, grand prize winners/travel companions shall authorize this background check. Sponsor may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by grand prize winners/travel companions in his/her interview. In that regard, grand prize winners/travel companions will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information so that Sponsor may conduct such investigation. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify individual grand prize winners/travel companions based on the background check. All arrangements are subject to change, availability, holiday, blackout dates and other restrictions. Trip arrangements cannot be changed by grand prize winners/travel companions. Grand prize winners must respond promptly to Sponsor's requests regarding travel arrangements. Grand Prize winners/travel companions must travel on the dates, and at the time and to the location approved/specified by the Sponsor. Grand prize winners/travel companions must provide own transportation to/from airport of departure. Grand prize winners/travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining any/all necessary travel documentation/requirements (including but not limited to valid photo I.D., passport, etc.) before departure. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Prizes are not valid for upgrades. All tickets issued in conjunction with the prizes are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. If air travel is not needed, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, ground transportation may be substituted for the air travel, and there will be no cash alternative.
b. Substitution; Taxes. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., Sponsor may opt instead to award the cash equivalent of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
c. Prize Delivery. Prize winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they have been verified.
d. Minors. If a potential grand prize winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner's parent/legal guardian must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself/herself and the potential winning minor. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian.
e. No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor and each of its respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality.
9. ENTRY ERRORS/ NO RETURN OF ENTRIES; DISPUTES. Neither Sponsor nor Promoters are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promoter are responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
10. POTENTIAL WINNERS. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
Potential winners will be notified via email (or overnight mail) sent by February 15, 2017. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor during the Contest Period if his or her e-mail address has changed. To do so, click the “Log In” or user profile icon (if already logged in) on ESPN.com, then click on Manage My Account Information, and update your email address on the “Update Your Account” screen.
A potential winner will be disqualified and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential winner will be selected if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at its sole discretion).
Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Contest (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein.
11. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/LIABILITY RELEASE. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice.
Except where prohibited, participation in this Contest constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and Promoters', and any of their respective agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
12. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and to Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Contest are final and binding.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In the event that the U.S. professional football season is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout), or in the event of a cancellation or termination by Sponsor, a random drawing of all remaining eligible leagues at the time of any said action will be conducted to determine the winning league.
13. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in this Contest or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Promoters, and each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
14. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Contest is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
15. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Contest or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Contest; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Contest; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest, access to, copying or downloading materials from ESPN.com or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
16. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York county, New York state, i.e., Manhattan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law, without reference to New York's choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
18. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Contest (i.e., by September 16, 2016).
No One Likes a Quitter Contest
ESPN Sales & Marketing
56 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023
19. ADDRESS; COPYRIGHT. Sponsor is responsible for the Contest and awarding of prizes. Sponsor's address is 56 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 ESPN Internet Ventures.