Fantasy Football Kickoff Marathon Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES OR FOREIGN TERRITORIES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Fantasy Football Kickoff Marathon Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES), who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and are registered members of ESPN.com (“Entrants”). ESPN.com Registration is further described below in Section 4. The following are not eligible for the Sweepstakes: (i) employees and agents of Sponsor and Promoter and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/promotion agencies; and (ii) the "immediate family members" and/or "household members" of any of the persons set forth in (i) above. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Sweepstakes is void in all U.S. Territories (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam) and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR; PROMOTERS. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by ESPN Internet Ventures (the "Sponsor"). Any advertisers associated with the Sweepstakes, if any, shall be deemed a “Promoter” for purposes of these Official Rules.
3. ENTRY. The Sweepstakes begins Monday, August 15, 2016 at 12:00 am ET and ends Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 7:45 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). For purposes of these official rules (the "Official Rules") all times are Eastern Time ("ET"). Entrants who create or join an ESPN Fantasy Football league during the Entry Period will be entered in to the Sweepstakes. One (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry, number of leagues joined, number of email addresses or registered member accounts.
4. ESPN.COM REGISTRATION. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must be a current registered member of ESPN.com (or one of Sponsor's affiliated websites, e.g., ABC.com, ABCNews.com, DisneyOnline.com, and Family.com). Registration is free.
a. Not yet a Member. You may register by clicking on the applicable link on the entry page for the Promotion, and following the instructions. You may be asked to provide your e-mail address, name, birth date, gender and country of residence (collectively "User Information") and to select a username and password
b. Survey Questions or Promotional Email. You may be asked to answer survey questions or to consent to receive promotional emails or offers. This is optional. You are not required to answer questions or to give consent to receive such emails or offers in order to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails or offers by clicking on the "myESPN" icon on any ESPN.com Fantasy Game page, then clicking on the Member Services link, then the Newsletters link and following the instructions.
c. Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. Sponsor, Promoters and other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
5. WINNER SELECTION. Two hundred winners will be selected in each of five random drawings (each a “Drawing”) from all eligible entries received throughout the Entry Period. The cutoff for each Drawing will be 15 minutes prior to the Drawing (the “Cutoff Time”). All entries received between the start of the Entry Period and the Cutoff Time will be included in the Drawing. All non-winning entries will roll over to subsequent Drawings. The Drawings will take place as follows:
11:00 pm ET Monday, August 15, 2016
7:00 am ET Tuesday, August 16, 2016
12:00 pm ET Tuesday, August 16, 2016
4:00 pm ET Tuesday, August 16, 2016
8:00 pm ET Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Each entrant will be eligible to win only one prize during the Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize will be determined by the number of eligible entries received prior to each Cutoff Time. All non-winning eligible entries will be entered in to the grand prize drawing which will be held after the conclusion of the Entry Period.
6. NO ENTRY FEE. There is no entry fee required to participate in the Sweepstakes. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No other forms of entry - fax, email, phone or other - will be accepted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
7. PRIZES. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $32,000.00.
One thousand (1,000) prize winners will each receive an ESPN Fantasy Football Kickoff Marathon T-shirt and 1-month of access to ESPN Insider (ESPN’s premium content and tool service). ARV $25.00. Winners will be notified by mail, phone, and/or e-mail within thirty days of the random drawing. (Total ARV $25,000.00)
One (1) grand prize winner will win a prize package that includes the ESPN Fantasy Football Kickoff Marathon Tshirt and 1-month of access to ESPN Insider, plus $5,000 (presented in the form of a check) and a VIP trip for two to ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, CT during the 2016/17 professional football season for a behind the scenes look at ESPN’s Fantasy Football operations and coverage. Trip includes roundtrip airfare for two (2), two (2) night hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) and transportation to ESPN’s headquarters. Meals, beverages, gratuities, incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses relative to participation in this Sweepstakes (including acceptance of prize) not specified herein are not included and are solely the grand prize winner's responsibility. Grand prize winner will be notified within 24 hours of being selected. (Total ARV $7,000.00)
Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of the grand prize winner/travel companion, including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. To the extent necessary under law, grand prize winner/travel companion shall authorize this background check. Sponsor may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by grand prize winner/travel companion in his/her interview. In that regard, grand prize winner/travel companion will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information so that Sponsor may conduct such investigation. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify a grand prize winner/travel companion based on the background check, and select an alternate. All arrangements are subject to change, availability, holiday, blackout dates and other restrictions. Trip arrangements cannot be changed by grand prize winner/travel companion. Grand prize winner/travel companion must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time. Grand prize winner must respond promptly to Sponsor's requests regarding travel arrangements. Grand Prize winner/travel companion must travel on the dates, and at the time and to the location approved/specified by the Sponsor. Grand prize winner/travel companion must provide own transportation to/from airport of departure. Grand prize winner/travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining any/all necessary travel documentation/requirements (including but not limited to valid photo I.D., passport, etc.) before departure. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Prizes are not valid for upgrades. All tickets issued in conjunction with the prizes are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. If air travel is not needed, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, ground transportation may be substituted for the air travel, and there will be no cash alternative. If grand prize winner chooses to not take a travel companion, then the travel companion elements will be forfeited and the remaining elements shall constitute full satisfaction of the Grand Prize.
b. Substitution; Taxes. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., Sponsor may opt instead to award the cash equivalent of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
c. Prize Delivery. Prize winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they have been verified.
d. Minors. If a potential winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner's parent/legal guardian must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself/herself and the potential winning minor. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian.
e. No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor and each of its respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality.
8. ENTRY ERRORS/ NO RETURN OF ENTRIES; DISPUTES. Neither Sponsor nor Promoters are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promoter are responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
9. POTENTIAL WINNERS. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
Potential winners will be notified via email (or overnight mail) sent within thirty (30) business days following the end of the Entry Period. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor during the Entry Period if his or her e-mail address has changed. To do so, click the “Log In” or user profile icon (if already logged in) on ESPN.com, then click on Manage My Account Information, and update your email address on the “Update Your Account” screen.
A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at its sole discretion).
Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Sweepstakes (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein.
10. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/LIABILITY RELEASE. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice.
Except where prohibited, participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and Promoters', and any of their respective agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
11. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and to Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Sweepstakes and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In the event of a cancellation or termination by the Sponsor winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received at the time of any said action, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
12. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in this Sweepstakes or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Promoters, and each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Sweepstakes (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
13. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Sweepstakes is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Sweepstakes or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Sweepstakes; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, access to, copying or downloading materials from ESPN.com or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
15. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York county, New York state, i.e., Manhattan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law, without reference to New York's choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
17. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Sweepstakes (i.e., by September 16, 2016).
Fantasy Football Kickoff Marathon Sweepstakes
ESPN Sales & Marketing
56 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023
18. ADDRESS; COPYRIGHT. Sponsor is responsible for the Sweepstakes and awarding of prizes. Sponsor's address is 56 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023. The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 ESPN Internet Ventures.